In Bel Air, California, ultra-luxury home developer Bruce Makowsky has unveiled his most ambitious project yet, 924 Bel Air Road. Listed at US $250 million it is the most expensive home ever listed in the United States.
To attract the clientele Makowsky is targeting, he is selling more than merely a home he is selling a lifestyle. Whoever buys 924 Bel Air not only gets the home, but a full-time, 7-person personnel for 2 years, a US $30 million car collecting and all of the artwork, wine, furnishings and extras you can imagine.
Below you will find a gallery of this insane property along with a video tour and a list of some of the most unbelievable highlights and inclusions. For more information visit 924belair. com.
924 Bel Air Road- Video Tour
924 Bel Air Road- Overview
– List price: US $250 million( previous US record $ 195 million mansion in Manalapan, Florida)
– 38,000 sq. ft. over 4 floors with 2 commercial elevators lined in alligator scalp and handcrafted, polished steel staircase
– 12 bedrooms, 21 bathrooms, 3 kitchens, 6 bars, massage and spa room, fitness centre, bowling alley
– 2 wine and champagne cellars, 85 ft Infinity pool, 40 -person home theatre, 18 x12 ft retractable outdoor tv screen
– Includes$ US 30 million vehicle collecting, all artworks, wine and champagne collecting, helicopter, boat
– Comes with 7 pre-paid, full-time staff including cook, chauffeur and masseuse for two years
In an interview with CNBC, Makowsky likens the home more to a megayacht than a house, stating:
Megayachts have gone from 150 feet to 300 feet or more and they can cost up to $500 million, ” he said. “People expend two weeks a year on a yacht, but they live in a house. I wanted this to be the ultimate megayacht, but on land.”[ source]
According to CNBC, the “auto gallery” features some of the rarest, fastest and most expensive autoes in the world and come with the home. The collect includes a one-of-a-kind Pagani Huayra ($ 2 million +); the famous “Von Krieger” 1936 Mercedes 540 K Special Roadster ($ 15 million +); and 10 of the rarest and fastest motorcycles ever constructed.
The most expensive home ever sold globally is believed to be a US $221 million penthouse in London, England. Globally, there are homes listed for more than US $300 million but none in the U.S. tops Makowsky’s US $250 million listing.[ source]